Sign in with
Your question

DayZ FPS Issue

Last response: in Video Games
March 11, 2013 6:34:19 PM

I have notice that my max FPS in DayZ is 35 which is not playable for me. I now This game kills PC but my 7770 on the same settings gets higher Frames Up to 100+ depends on the area of the map but with my 7870 no matter what i did, ( lowest settings, Lower Screen resolution) The FPS stays the same and my CPU usage is ~20 and GPU ~30. Is this normal?

More about : dayz fps issue

March 15, 2013 2:10:55 PM

I played arma games for 12 years, its normal, even on a gtx 680 people have performance issues. Turn off Antialiasing, motion blur , shadows and it should work somewhat normally...But when it comes to dayz in particular it does run slower than the normal Arma game. Arma/Dayz will require a very fast hard drive to run properly so defragment it with some good defragging program or buy an SSD.

Don't put everything on lowest, it can actually give you worse performance., there are some arma 2 performance guides online search for those.

Hope that helped somewhat.
Tom
March 15, 2013 2:33:13 PM

Thanks i did some reading and found out its a coming problem, also on my dayz server almost everyone gets a average of 30fps in major cities but its not on fast pace game so its doesn't really bother me anymore
!