404 Error when trying to post

Shockeray

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
When I try to post on this page...
www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1622796/fair-price-sell-craig-list.html

I am getting a '404-Page not found' error...
www.tomshardware.com/forum/response/1622796

Just a bug with the updated forum I am guessing.

You want to make sure that you have confirmed your email as many members are having similar issues (including me) and the work around is to re-confirm your email address. I have a second email address so I changed what I had to the secondary and when they sent the email to click the link for confirmation it got rid of the error 404.

I have been getting 404s for hours when replying. Almost exactly 50% of the time. It seems to alternate, so that the second time works. There have been a few exceptions where I have had to not use the quick answer field, but use the post an answer button first.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Not just any user can select a best answer. Only users which have been vetted and have at least 5 Best Answers themselves are permitted to select Best Answers in other topics.

There are some odd issues for some threads with answers in their URLs where in some cases the answer button isn't working. We're still looking into this.

lourson

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007

Can you copy the URL you get to, with the 404? And from which topic and specific post you tried this?
Thanks!

this 1 is only related to this subject. i got a "you asked a question", "you got an answer" email today.

your thread "So whats it worth?" has received some answers. We invite you to review these, and select the best one as your “Best Answer” (click on the gold cup above it).
Click here to review the answers to your question: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum//forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=13&post=127520&page=1&p=1
Selecting a "Best Answer" will help the community to easily spot answers to similar issues or questions.
Thank you for contributing the Tom's Hardware community
The Tom's Hardware community team

i click on it and get error 404. looks like the email service is redirecting to the old forum layout

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Ahh, figured it out. The thread was from before the launch of the new platform, which means the email sent out was using the old text, and the older URL. This won't be an issue at all with any new threads posted.