High End Gaming PC Now Crashes, Alot.

sk-jb93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Hi All,

I built my computer about 4 months ago and for some reason in the last week its been playing up. My first incident was while I was playing League of Legends and my game froze and so did my Skype, I wasn't able to Alt+Tab and I couldn't Ctrl+Alt+Delete so I had to hold the power button down to turn it off. I booted it back up to see if it was a one time thing and soon after I started playing League of Legends again my PC crashed. So I thought for some reason it might have been overheating so I configured all my visual settings to low and it seemed to not crash but I also changed them back with a temperature monitoring program running to confirm if that was the case and on idle the GPU was running at 42-45 (just on desktop) and during games it was close to 60 celcius.

So what I did to attempt to try fix it was unplug my PC and take the side panel off and look at the GPU. It seemed to be seated fine and the fans spun with ease. So I removed both the 6-pin power connectors and plugged them back in. I booted it up and ran League of Legends, it seemed to be fine so I turned up the visual settings by increments and it was back like it was. But later that afternoon my PC crashed again playing a different game.

My PC specs are:

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower
Motherboard: AsRock z77 Extreme6
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k
CPU Cooler: Noctua u12p-se2
PSU: Corsair HX750
Memory: G.SKILL Sniper 16gb (8gbx2)
Video Card: ASUS gtx670 DirectCUII

Its upsetting that my motherboards integrated gpu can run better games than my 670. So what do you suggest I do to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, It looks like a graphics card issue. If the GPU is under warranty, try RMA-ing it.
What you can also try is borrowing a power supply and test. Just to make sure it isn't about a power issue.

Jamesl22

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
oh man that really sucks, I actually went through that when I was playing PSx emulators on my computer and it suddenly just crashed out of no where. man I was devastated ! but i found a great software that solves all of these problems and prevents this from happening. what is your email ?

sk-jb93

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010

I do have another PSU available for me to use to check if the issue is with that, if not I will be looking into RMA before the warranty runs out.