Sign in with
Your question

Radeon 7970 or GTX 670 for a single 1920x1080 monitor? and how much heat does the radeon produce?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2013 9:11:56 PM

Should i get a gtx 670 or spend a little more for a radeon 7970? its going to be paired up with a i5 3570k. I want to play the best games on max and i know the 7970 is better but the heat is worrying me. Even tho i won't be overclocking, in the place where i live, im not allowed to turn on the AC during the summer time. Thanks in advance.
a b C Monitor
March 11, 2013 9:25:10 PM

for 1080p either is fine, should be able to max out all games with good fps. just get plenty of fans for your case if you have no AC and keep an eye on temps. make sure you get a card with a good cooler on it like gigabyte windforce or asus direct cu.
March 11, 2013 9:32:59 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
for 1080p either is fine, should be able to max out all games with good fps. just get plenty of fans for your case if you have no AC and keep an eye on temps. make sure you get a card with a good cooler on it like gigabyte windforce or asus direct cu.

Would the 7970 His IceQ edition be good at cooling?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 11, 2013 9:38:49 PM

lord hircine said:
Should i get a gtx 670 or spend a little more for a radeon 7970? its going to be paired up with a i5 3570k. I want to play the best games on max and i know the 7970 is better but the heat is worrying me. Even tho i won't be overclocking, in the place where i live, im not allowed to turn on the AC during the summer time. Thanks in advance.

Go for the XFX RADEON HD7970 u'll get a Free CRYSIS 3 and BIOSHOCK INFINITE download coupon
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This is the DD edition it will spread the heat all over the card uniformly!!
a b C Monitor
March 11, 2013 9:57:47 PM

lord hircine said:
iam2thecrowe said:

yes
a b C Monitor
March 11, 2013 9:57:48 PM

lord hircine said:
iam2thecrowe said:

yes
!