Starcraft 2 performance terrible on GTX 560

iemidget

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
I went to the NVIDIA site and looked at the OPS (optimal playable settings) for the GTX 560. it says 63 fps avg. I am currently on the second mission on the campaign on wings of liberty and I am getting 30

I run a EVGA GTX 560 SC with an i3 2100 processor which I'm sure is more than enough for cranking settings up to ultra, but here is the funny thing

When I crank everything down it only runs 10-20 fps faster (which I should be getting more than that easily.) I don't have Vertical Sync enabled in the NVIDIA control panel or in game. I have my power settings at prefer maximum performance to try to force the card to 100% but it only runs at 40% most of the time in game anyway. Please help me!!

CntrlAltDel

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Unfortunately it is a reality that tons of games are not optimized to run at it's best with the GeForce cards. We see this with the Tomb Raider 2013 and it's AMD feature tressFX
Most of the time many people will be having the same problem, so they post it on Nvidia's website and soon enough Nvidia posts a fix for it in a newer Control Panel update just like the Tomb Raider 2013 Nvidia update v.314.21 (BETA) which mind you doesn't meet up to what it claims.

I've seem some videos on the performance of a quad-core vs dual-core CPU playing Starcraft and bare in mind that the quad core generally performs better in that situation even though the GPU takes most of the weight.

TRENDING THREADS