Starcraft 2 performance terrible on GTX 560

iemidget

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
I went to the NVIDIA site and looked at the OPS (optimal playable settings) for the GTX 560. it says 63 fps avg. I am currently on the second mission on the campaign on wings of liberty and I am getting 30

I run a EVGA GTX 560 SC with an i3 2100 processor which I'm sure is more than enough for cranking settings up to ultra, but here is the funny thing

When I crank everything down it only runs 10-20 fps faster (which I should be getting more than that easily.) I don't have Vertical Sync enabled in the NVIDIA control panel or in game. I have my power settings at prefer maximum performance to try to force the card to 100% but it only runs at 40% most of the time in game anyway. Please help me!!

Oh btw I am also running windows server 2008 R2 if that might have anything to do about it.

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Its your CPU, starcraft 2 is real CPU heavy. The chip you got is ok but its fair limited when it comes to gaming with those type of games sorry to say. I had a GTX 560 before i upgraded and imo its a great card and games demanding more GPU will run fair good.