Cheapist Gaming Rig!

Phantom_Persona

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
(Yeah.. Cheapist as a word probably doesn't exist..)

Hello there Toms , this is around the second time I post a gaming config. The first one had around three or so pages, but I lost track of it and it must've been deleted since it was a 'tad bit old.

So I've come to you, the experts, for opinions once more.
Note that I won't give you guys a budget, but I want it to remain as cheap as possible without heading over to archaic designs.

So here is what I have in mind...
(It'll all be bought end of this month/start of another)

PIECES I OWN:
Corsair CX 430w V2;
MSI GTX 650 Ti OC (NOT Power Edition);

Next up, what I'll buy (supposedly):
MOBO_MSI H77MA-G43;
RAM_Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1600MHz;
CPU_G860;
CHASSIS_CoolerMaster K380;

Stuff I'm aware of:

-> No overclock, so yeah, H77 is fine
(selected that one based on a range of benches from other H77 chipsets);
-> CPU's Memory Frequency is 1333 MHz, so no problem there;
-> Once a member of this forum spoke bad not of Coolermaster's products, but of Coolermaster itself as a company, but there's no chassis out there that appeals to me;
-> RAM well.. Yeah it's ordinary.

Other notes: I'm Portuguese, and I can only buy in portuguese shops in Lisbon, namely either PCDiga.com or Globaldata.com .

So what do you guys think? How will my gaming perfomance fare up? Will the G860 drag me behind?
I've been playing the new DmC title (I know it's Unreal Engine 3) and I fare up easily 60 FPS with everything maxed with that GPU + a Core 2 Duo E4500 + 3GB DDR2 667 MHz. I do notice some hiccups but it's "transitory" as I would call it.

Anyways.. I leave it up to you. :)

Phantom_Persona

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Thanks for the quick input. :)

I did a quick search online and here's what I got:
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-G860-vs-Intel-Pentium-G2020

What're your thoughts on this? Is the jump to 2020 worth it? Are the lower clocks going to hurt me much?

Edit: The RAM is 1600 MHz :)
Edit 2: I can try to get the G2120, how's that? Higher Clock + 1600 MHz frequency.

Phantom_Persona

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Hmmhmm, I did notice the G2120 gets a bit pricier (around 20€ plus average??).
I'm contacting a few stores and see what prices they throw at me (they might be able to order it specially for me).

If not, I'll head for the G2020. I hope the slightly lower clock rate doesn't hurt me much.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
At this point, an AM3+ build will probably provide you the greatest flexibility as it will be compatible with at least 1 more generation of processors.
FX-4300 or 6300 with a ASRock 970DE3/U3S3 or ASRock 990FX Extreme3 would be a good choice. 1866+ ram with good timing would also be recommended.

Phantom_Persona

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

Sadly AMD components are overpriced in Portugal. :(
That 4300 for example is 120'ish €. And giving the leap from 60€ to that is huge! (Though probably a big difference in perfomance).

Thanks for the input, but I think AMD builds are a no-no for me (or anyone out here)