amd vs intel

which is it amd for gaming ?

or intel for rendering ?

or is it the other way around ?

cause every one is saying different thing
so i am confused .
12 answers Last reply
More about amd intel
  1. it depends on the user really, i built my couple weeks back and i opt for amd base rig, it clocking 4.0ghz and its cheap(fx 8350). so depends on how much you want to spend. how much you want to spend and how 'hardcore of a gamer' do you want to be. depends on those two answers and you can select what root you want to follow. but i think amd are easier to over clock and cheaper also.
  2. intel gaming (i5) but anything else like streaming etc the 8350 is a beast!

in real world terms (no benchmarkes) which are optimized for intel anyway.
    you wont notice the diff with the i5 vs 8350 vs i7

power/price/performance=amd
  3. Please, take some time and go through this forum. You will find at least 10 relevant threads on this subject within the first 10 pages. A little research would really help.
  4. research in all the wrong places if ppl think intel is much better than amd, utter tosh!
  5. youtube

tek syndicate

look it up, proof in the pudding. non biased review of intel vs amd
  6. i already know about the tek :P

anyways i am just asking which is good for rendring ?
  7. redering is what that cpu will excel in, answer is 8350 for mutithreaded tasks and intel in single threaded tasks
  8. I'm a student, so programs like Visual C#, Expressions, CS5, and Java IDE's are important to me. I compile a lot of code and create websites, and sometimes render videos that I recorded during gameplay. (65% of the time)
    On the other hand I game for hours on the latest games like FC3. (32% of the time)
    8350 is what is perfect for me, because of the things I need and want to do.

For purely gaming, intel.
  9. biopolar said:
    I'm a student, so programs like Visual C#, Expressions, CS5, and Java IDE's are important to me. I compile a lot of code and create websites, and sometimes render videos that I recorded during gameplay. (65% of the time)
    On the other hand I game for hours on the latest games like FC3. (32% of the time)

spot on
  10. just why you would not want the 8350 over anything and even in gaimg it will be excellent

a few fps is not noticeable or not visible with the human eye hence benchmarks
  11. darren0000 said:
    biopolar said:
    I'm a student, so programs like Visual C#, Expressions, CS5, and Java IDE's are important to me. I compile a lot of code and create websites, and sometimes render videos that I recorded during gameplay. (65% of the time)

lol i am glad i bought fx 8350
    spot on
  12. ok no one is saying witch is better.. in the long run they are same intel has Expensive cpu amd has cheap. Intel has The fastest cpu on the market. UNTIL amd comes in because they have cheap fast cool running cpus performance Intel's. i would go with amd because they have cooler cpu's and they are cheaper to replace and they have ''REAL'' cores for example... intel core i7 4 core 4 hyperthred cores and 6 core 6 ht core...... amd has 2-16 "REAL" cores but thats my choise if you want a Extream rig go with intel if you want a running up pc for about half the price go with amd! Good luck
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel AMD CPUs