radeon 7770hd 2048mb temp concern

rvieaujr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
im just curious on what the temp my gpu should be running when im playing games or even on idle. a little worried bc its running between 30c-35c. not overclocked yet and dont want to overclock if i cant keep it cool enough stock. please get back to me asap. thanks guys

Kari

Splendid
anything below 80c is totally harmless, 80-90c is tad too warm and 90-100/105c is too hot. The thermal throttling point is usually 100 or 105c when the chip down clocks itself to prevent physicall damage or if that fails to bring the temps down it'll shut down. these are load temps of course...
Idle temp of 30-35c is pretty much standard for modern cards and sounds like it is working just fine, or if that was the gaming temp it's even better.

rvieaujr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
gaming temp it gets up to maybe 40c tops. i thought the max temp was 100f. sorry for the dumb question then. new to pc's. been a console gamer for 10yrs and decided to switch to pc gaming. seems alot cheaper and every game seems to go onto pc's so i dont have to spend 50 bucks every 3 days on a new game and if they dont have it for ps3 i dont have to go and buy a 360 to play a game i been waiting months for it to release.

Kari

Splendid
heh no probs.
the old consoles are about to be phased out thou, the specs of the new ps4 have already surfaced and it is based on AMD tech so the new games will undoubtedly get ported between the platforms even faster and more often than they have been in recent years. afaik the new xbox is also rumoured to use pc (amd) hardware as well. And on pc you'll have all the mods and stuff :D

rvieaujr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
im hoping with my pc it will last a year without much upgrading needed. only chips i can upgrade with my mobo is the new fx's and i'd prefer to stay away from those, havent heard very good things. my cpu unlocks to an x6 but i need a new mobo to do that so im praying my phenom 2 x4 840T and my 7770hd 2gb will last the next year at least b4 i have to drop anymore money into it.