8350 prooved better than i5, i7 etc

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
8350 prooved to be the best cpu by tek syndicate on youtube.

so why do intel fans disagree, and why intel optimize betchmark software and even windows are optimized for intel.

in other words everything is optimized for intel which is not fair at all.

chuck all benchmarks out the windows and turn the results into time.

if the i5, i7 etc beats the 8350 in task, how much is that in time? secs? mins etc

fps diff?

justify 1-5 secs really worth the extra money, double triple the price.

mr1hm

Distinguished

It's going to come down to how YOU use your daily computer.

If it's strictly for gaming, then you probably will be fine with the 8350. As for myself, I chose the i5 3570k at first upgrading from a very old AMD Phenom II X4 960T. However, the i5 3570k wasn't enough for audio engineering when loading up to 50+ tracks and processed effects on over 50 channels. Sold that guy went with a i7 3770k and I'm probably never going to look back.

If you do work that requires absolute reliability/quality, I wouldn't hesitate on looking at Intel CPUs but, if it's strictly for gaming, I'm sure the AMD 8350 is enough.

I believe Intel still has the better performance over AMD when it compares core-per-core gaming with games like Starcraft 2 for example. Correct me if I'm wrong.

quick note: AMD CPUs require lots of power compared to Intel's.... spec sheet says 125w and if you overclock... which you should from my experience with AMD, it will rise up to 254w @ 5ghz.

Good luck :)