PM Structure - New vs Old

tecmo34

Administrator
Is there a plan to bring the Private Message (PMs) structure back to the format of a normal thread versus one long continuous conversation?

I have a few long running PMs that go over mulitple pages (under the old format) that are now one long continous flow. It makes things a little more difficult to manage and follow.

Also I noticed in the PM structure, you don't don't the format menu bar showing where you can easily modify your text or add images or such.

Best Regards,

Doug
tecmo34

BTW - I second that, PM's can get w-a-y too long and you're fishing for info not to mention load burdens. Currently, most of my help has been PM's or 2-4 per week. Also, I cannot edit, bold, etc --- I HATE the new PM format...

DJ

tecmo34

Administrator
Joe,

Is there any update on addint the formatting bar to the PM structure or giving users the right to edit their PM message (for those of us that make many spelling mistakes :D and would like to edit their post)?

Best Regards,

Doug
tecmo34

randomizer

Champion
I kind of like having one long conversation. Granted, I don't have many huge conversations (one has around 60 responses), but at least I no longer have to go to page 2 or 3 every time I open a longer PM thread. I generally prefer to having more information on one page though. Others do not, and I can appreciate that.

At minimum an EDIT option, OMG I edit (need to) my messages 90% of the time. So the errors don't often shine well on my grammar or other often critical errors I catch after rereading the post.

PLEASE FIX!!! :)

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
I don't recall users being able to edit their private messages once sent previously - this isn't generally a feature found on forums. If it has a second, I'd be happy to send it up for consideration as a new feature, but I don't know that many would expect the ability to edit a private message once sent.

Hi Joe :)

Moderators COULD edit pms as long as the pm had NOT been read...on old system...

Not sure about normal users though...

All the best Brett :)

tecmo34

Administrator
Joe,

On the old system, you did have the ability to edit your physical post using either the Quick Edit or Full Edit functions just like a post within the forum. Also, it had the ability to edit your text with Bold, Italics, Color, Bullet Points, etc. within the post.

Best Regards,

Doug

Hi Joe :)

Yes it definitely worked in pms as long as the pm had NOT been read and was extremely useful when you had second thoughts or an addition to add to a pm to save a second one....

Worked for me as a mod.... cannot remember if it worked when I was a normal user.... but should do, as its a useful innovation...

All the best Brett :)

randomizer

Champion
I think PMs were handled almost like any other thread in the old platform, which is why they could be edited. They also had a tendency to get locked randomly, but I think that was due to the other person deleting their copy of the PM thread.