FX-6300 Clock randomly over/underclocking

Stealthycactus

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0
GPU: ATi 7870
CPU: AMD FX-6300 with a corsair h80
Case: HAF X

I overclocked my CPU a long time back to 4.1ghz, from 3.5 ghz. I didnt need to modify volts as it was perfectly stable even with long amount of OCCT testing. Recently i had to update my bios, so all my mobo settings were lost. I went into my motherboard and set the multiplier back as it was, and disabled cool n' quiet.

QOmQnF8.png

http://i.imgur.com/QOmQnF8.png (bigger picture)

But for some reason as shown in the picture my multiplier keeps changing, which in turn makes my CPU frequency change. Does anyone know why this is happening? I ran this overclock for 3 months before having to flash my bios, and this has even caused my computer to sometimes boot giving my the OC failed warning.

-Thanks!

Stealthycactus

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
It had a lot of stability fixes.., not to mention my bios was 4-5 months out of date. Thats like asking why do you update anything..

You should now that not always a new version means a better or stable overclock. If you don't had any stability problem with the old BIOS and even was better than this new one for you, why update?

In other words, you always stay in the best BIOS for your overclock...even, if that isn't the latest one.

Stealthycactus

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
Ah, i didnt phrase the question as in if the BIOS was unstable, i mean as in did i miss anything. Luckily i recently peeked around my BIOS today and found out i forgot to tisable CPU load line calibration, now it stays a 4.1ghz +/- 1%