Rendering Bug on All Games Played

phrike

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
This is a bug I first noticed playing Battle for Middle-Earth II, about a year ago. I didn't pay much attention because it didn't bother me too much. However, I recently installed Fallout 3, and while playing it, I noticed that the bug afflicted this game as well. I don't know how to describe what the bug looks like, but here's a video I made of playing Fallout to demonstrate. The bug has persisted after I disabled all "fancy" graphics settings, including shadow rendering, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering; it appears to be independent of all front-end graphical settings. If more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks!

Specs:
HP-Pavilion NY553AA-ABA e9220y
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
2.60 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 910; 4-core
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
8 GB RAM

phrike

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
No, didn't buy it used. However, fortunately, I fixed the problem. I feel kinda foolish, though: the catalyst drivers needed updating. That was all.

Amadeus12

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Thats great. I'm having an issue whats really pissing me off, how would I love to solve it so easily. Im glad you could solve it.

your gfx are artifacting. a few resons for it. the gfx is to warm, its an unstable overclock on the gfx, bad drivers...
the simple solution is to update the gfx drivers to the latest 1s for your card and clean off the dust from the gfx card.
but im glad to see you solved it...