Once overclocked CPU will not run on differant MB at stock clock

My primary computer used to be a E7500 @ 3.5 it ran fine no lockups nothing. My kids computer had an E1400 in it so I decided to move the CPU to his computer the MB supports the E7500. After putting the E7500 on his MB it will not get past the windows loading screen and just restarts or BSOD's I have increased
The core voltage but the board only allows you to go up in percent. I did use addational voltage to get to 3.5 but not that much only 1.35v from 1.25. Do you think the overclock some how damaged the CPU preventing it from other boards? I tried the 5 and 10% voltage increase but it did not work. And i checked the E7500 in another board and it worked. Any thoughts?

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
you will get in trouble for bumping a post, when you overclock there is no guarantee after using increased voltage and speeds that the cpu will ever work at stock settings again but this doesn't appear to be the case as you said its working fine on other boards, my guess is maybe leaning towards a ram or psu issue if you are BSOD, could you give some more info like the mobo make and model, psu, ram

I know but it had been 20 hours and I only had 7 views. I wasent relly looking for an answer more like what other people have seen in there own rigs. I have sence swapped the E7500 with an E 8400 that I had and it works fine. For some reason that board just does not like that CPU. The board has been problematic sence I first got it (biostar g41dvi) it would not post with an IDE HDD and SATA HDD installed with the SATA it boots but if shut down for a couple of days it will not detect the HDD it has done this with 3 HDD's and it is not the BIOS battery. It also gives me an error 35 in the property manager for a 1394 card. MS says update the bios well biostar does not have an update for the bios available. First and last biostar for me. Thanks for the response.