i7 3770(non k) cooling help!

Kamicky

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Help!
I'm seeing big temps from my 3770 while running bf3. I'm hitting 85 - 90 and I'm running a hyper212 evo. I was thinking about going to a h80 or h100. No desire to overclock as it is plenty for what i need for the moment. I play games like bf3 and going to uni soon and will be using it for designing on auto-cad programs. just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what i should do as this temp is too high for my liking. ambient temp is 30- 35 degrees most of the time and im running two 660 (non ti) in sli. please help!

With an ambient of 30-35, cooling of any kind will suffer - What is your case fan configuration? Are you using a semi-passive cooled PSU? I agree that reseating the 212 should help but your airflow through your case has much to do with keeping temps under control.

Kamicky

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
i have 2 120mm fans at the lower front of my case and a back 120mm fan at the top. evo sits sucking away from its heatsink out of the back fan. the top of the case gets very hot so i thought a blowhole would be a way to go? also what thermalpaste should i put on, any suggestions there?

Arctic Silver 5 is a popular choice for thermal compound due to low price, effectiveness and ease of application - the only down side I know of to AS5 is the cure period which shouldn't be a concern to most users. It sounds to me as though an exhaust at the top of the case may be helpful also.

Kamicky

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I have the corsair tx 750 semi modular psu mounted on the bottom upside down. Any suggestions on putting a second fan on the evo and if so which fans? and how big should i make the exhaust fan at the top of my case, i was considering another 120

TRENDING THREADS