The Ruskies are going to save us !!!

Call me silly in the head, but the idea of putting a tracking beacon on potential asteroids that threaten the earth is not all that crazy.

Of course, we'll end up missing that one asteroid that does crash into earth causing an mass extinction...

COLGeek

Cybernaut

It is the thought that counts. Still, at least someone is taking a proactive view at how to avoid a world changing disaster.

Lets face it ... use the US to track the objects ... since their command and control is the best.

The Ruskies can retaliate with the nukes since they have the biggest operational single physics packages and the best long range reliable rockets.

The Chinese can do what they always do ... nothing.

We Aussies will continue to monitor and relay data and the French can make the coffee.

Seriously some kind of global response is a superordinate necessity that overrides petty international rivalries.

The people running this planet are idiots ... put me in charge you peasants!!

:)

60 or so of the big ones.

I'd put a base on the moon ... three in fact.

It makes sense ... extremists would have a hard time driving their 50 cal rear mounted 4WD's for a sneak attack on the facilities when the sun goes down ... what with the temperature and lack of air etc ...

I'd put Belgium in charge ... they make the best chocolate ... what more do you need as a recommendation?

I'd staff it with Scottish Engineers ... all of them in fact.

Then my day here would be much quieter.

:)