Is there something wrong with my Phenom X4 965?

satyamdubey

Distinguished
yes something is wrong. And I would start with suspecting whether the mobo you have supports your cpu. But that's just off the top of my head.
Share your specs mobo, psu and other hardware. and take CPU-z screen shot so we can see which stepping/revision your 965 is.

Just for curiosity. Do you have enable the saving power options in your BIOS? Because that 805MHz is the frequency of the CPU are very similar to the C1E and COll'n'Quite systems enable.

Check that in BIOS.

RockyRacoon

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
This is a new build. System specs:

AMD Phenon x4 965
GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3
8gb dual channel mushkin silverline memory
VTX-3D X-Edition HD7870
OCZ ZS 550W power supply
Windows 8

I do have cool n quiet enabled, but surely something like a 3dmark test would cause the clock speed to increase? I've read a few threads about 3dmark misreporting clock speeds, but thinking about it (800/3400)*4000 gives about the score I got, and apparently 4000 is around the score I should expect. Why would cool n quiet not allow the clock speed to increase?

3DMark11 is more GPU dependent, 3DMark detects the configuration and the beginning of the test when the CPU can be on idle since not load has been done. While the CPU don't detect enough load, will run at Cool'n'Quite speed...

Disable Cool'n'Quite, C1E and Turbo features and test again.

RockyRacoon

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I turned off Cool'n'Quiet and C1E and reran the benchmark. I got an identical score, only difference was it correctly reported the CPU clock speed as 3400mhz.

RockyRacoon

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I ran wPrime 4 times with the instructed settings, I got scores between 12.575s and 12.790s, no errors. Does this indicate a problem?