Computer wont POST, Flashing green screen

Umblah

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Hi,
I just recently got a new computer and after getting it all set up i noticed some problems. On startup my computer would not go through POST and no beep would be sounded; instead, my monitor would just flash green repeatedly. I tried switching out the ram i currently had in and after several times of rebooting, it would go to the bios, but when it did, my hard drive wasnt recognized and kept asking which boot device to use. Then, after switching the cables with my disk drive to see if it was the cables, the drive was still not recognized. Now whenever i startup, the screen flashes green again and wont let me do anything. Any suggestions of whats actually going on?

My specs are:
MSI Z77-g41 mobo
MSI geforce gtx 650 ti
500gb HDD
500w PSU
i3 processor w/ liquid cooling
case is a xion predator
R/RW CD/DVD disk drive
I have it plugged into my tv via HDMI cable

popatim

Titan
You just GOT a new computer or you just BUILT a new one? I'm confused because 'got' to me means you bought it whole and I would just say 'take it back'

I would say try booting up with a vga cable attached between the two. Often first bootup is vga and you have to go into the bios or windows and tell/force it to use hdmi. Repeat for your sound again as it will often default to the onboard sound and not the hdmi.

Umblah

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I got a new computer from cyberpowerpc so it was prebuilt. I did switch out the monitor and am using a VGA right now and i dont get the flashing green screen anymore. But, i am still having the problem of my hard drive not being recognized at all. and what would i do to tell it to use my HDMI?