Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Phase Change cooling VS good WC

Last response: in CPUs
March 13, 2013 1:17:52 PM

I have been adding up the cost of a good WC loop and to be honest Phase change is not much more block, and radi and pump and raid hose and fans you are talking 400 bucks for middle of the road 600+ if you want good stuff, with Phase change I know condensatation is a huge issues I am sure they have made inprovments over the years so is the ~200 price difference really worth it or am I over thinking it again if I can get a good stable 20 to 30% OC I am happy my Epeni is already big enough

a c 160 à CPUs
March 13, 2013 1:54:12 PM

Well.

If you have enough money for buy that and pay the bill every month, go ahead.

You need insulate very good the motherboard and components since condensation is always present. Today you can find very good components to do that.

Now my question is. Do you really thing that you need the phase change?
March 13, 2013 2:11:04 PM

saint19 said:
Well.

If you have enough money for buy that and pay the bill every month, go ahead.

You need insulate very good the motherboard and components since condensation is always present. Today you can find very good components to do that.

Now my question is. Do you really thing that you need the phase change?

My wife has given me pretty much a blank check (waits for laughs about wife controling the money to die down) so I have the money this is my big splurge which is why I am taking so long to pull the trigger I want this one to last me for a while, do I need Phase Change Nope I don't even really need Water cooled I am a mild Over clocker don't really care if someone else I don't know has 3 more points on a benchmark I don't care about but what I do want is long running stable and Quiet if my 3930k hits 4.2G I will be happy

Related resources
a c 160 à CPUs
March 13, 2013 2:47:10 PM

So, I would go with a custom water cooling system. Buy all components by your self and install it in your own way, that can give your the enough room for overclock the CPU to a good frequency.

I suggest you EK Waterblock for CPU and 3x120 radiator plus a reservoir dual bay. Fans can be Cooler Master or Cougar that are very good for that plus primochill tube and distiller water DON'T use colored water or can damage your components. For pump, a D5 Vario is very good.
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2013 12:46:52 PM

Please create a new thread to address your progress & developments instead of reviving someone else's old thread's.

belezeebub - please contact saint19 or me to re-open this thread in case you have any developments.
!