Eyefinity options won't show up. Need some help.

TheChodja

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Someone shoot me. I've been trying to play around with eyefinity for the longest time now. I've been searching and searching and all the tutorials say the same thing.

Also, I apologize for bringing this topic up.
From what I can tell, there are thousands of these threads.
Just...none helpful to me.

I've got an ATI Radeon 5700 series video card that has two DVI ports, one HDMI port, and one DisplayPort. I'm using Windows XP Professional, 32-bit. Trying to get a 3 monitor setup going (not necessarily for gaming).

- My main monitor is connected to a DVI port.
- I have a TV that I'm using as a monitor connected to the HDMI port.
- And my third monitor is connected to the DisplayPort using an Active DVI to DisplayPort dongle.

Also, my CCC looks different than any tutorial I've seen thus far:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/bumpies/ccc_zpse3933544.jpg

I open CCC, I get a different GUI from the ones in the tutorials and the sticky. There is no mention of Eyefinity and no grouping options. I'm in Advanced mode, and Basic mode has no option for it either.

I guess my questions are:
Am I even using the appropriate CCC application that includes eyefinity?
Is eyefinity not working because I'm using a tv as a monitor?
Can I save money on my car insurance?
Magnets. How do they work?

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I know this thread is a bit old, but I just wanted to add, for anybody looking in the future, that you can't have eyefinity with more then 2 displays in windows XP, you need at least Vista. 2nd, yes, you can use your TV for eyefinity, I've done it myself just to check it out (in Win 7). The connections are good, As long as you have one displayport, and the others are digital (as in not VGA) then there shouldn't be a problem.
And on a last note, a 5700 will not be powerful enough for anything beyond minimum settings on 3 screens.

TRENDING THREADS