Micro-ATX Motherboard recomendation for AMD FX 8350

posterdesigner

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Dear Forum,
I would like to build a new computer for use with adobe photshop and illustrator
I already bought a nice silver Lian Li micro atx case. I want a micro atx case because I want my case to be small in case I need to travel with it. But not too small like a m-itx where I will be robbed of room for features. Honestly though, this micro atx case is almost as big as my old mid tower case.

I want to run an AMD FX 8350 processor with 8 cores. I am choosing an AMD processor because it will save me a few bucks, and I am using a dual core AMD and have had good luck with it.

I would like the latest chipset available to me.

I would like a board where I can install fast DDR3 ram speeds. And it would be nice if I could install up to 32gb of ram. But I can probably make due with 16 gb, as long as I can use fast memory.

I will eventually install some kind of video card capable of running 3 or more 30" monitors, so it would be nice if I could have a slot or slots for that.

I will run windows 7

So basically I need a high performance AMD M-ATX board.

I probably won't put it together until July. Is there a new AMD processor or M-ATX motherboard that is right around the corner?

I did some research online, but it seems like all the AM3+ M-ATX boards all have 7series chipsets.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation.

Jeff

Stuck on micro atx? I'd get a full size case, even htpc like mine (sits flat with monitor on top) so you can go with a 990fx board if space is a problem. Those cheaper chipset boards may not even post with the 8350; the 970 chipset is also atx. newegg has a cheap atx case today (the ps is junk, good for a spare): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811855003
very popular: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
htpc: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811204037

posterdesigner

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I see where you are going, because a full atx case is better than micro atx in every way, but I want to maybe carry it on on an airplane. So the smaller the better. Not so small where I get completely shafted with a M-ITX case, but a happy medium with the m-atx. I already bought a nice aluminum Lian Li micro atx case, and was suprised that really this thing is more the size of a mid tower.
Any recommendations on the best AMD AM3+ m-atx motherboard?
Thanks
Jeff

You may also want to consider a quad core cpu instead, such as the 6100. The 8350 is a high end cpu; it benefits from the 8 pin 12v connection on more expensive boards. Some folks can't get them to run on these small boards.

coaltal

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

On the money Calvin! I have the Ga 78lmt usb3 motherboard. I'm easily clocked at 4.5Ghz I had an isssue with the Vcore settings that seem to have resolved its self (wierd) .... I can run cinebench, although I haven't tried Prime95. Usb3 ports, 8pin pwr connector( usually only 4pin) and VRM heatsinks. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY though. MicroCenter had a ridiculous deal a few weeks back $50 off any compatible mobo with cpu purchase. I paid like 9.99 for it! I So yes I'm very! Happy with it....and my FX 8350 :)