PLEASE HELP computer wont post

Rykoen

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hello, recently I bought new corsair vengeance ram for my desktop and I installed it and it worked smoothly, but I wanted to install my old RAM which was OCZ 2gb stick ram, and when I did, my computer didn't post so I ended up taking the old ram out and my computer still wouldn't post, so now I feel my motherboard is bricked, I tried resetting my CMOS with the jumper and the battery and no luck.I tried each ram stick individually but no luck, even a ram stick that wasn't in there before. Everything started up and operates but my screen stays blank.. please help I just built this rig a month ago and it won't post on me :( like I said I tried to stay safe and even reset my bios to default settings before I installed my old ram with my new... please help

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
PSU?

Try turning off the power at the switch, allow to stand for about 3 minutes so any residual power is disspated, then turn on mains power then boot up with the correct ram installed prior to mains power being switched on.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
What is the old ram that you used?

You might want to try the 2nd bank for the ram, see how you go.

The screen is blank because you need to press the on/off switch of the monitor, it has to be green for some monitors, to be active, standby mode seems not to want to be detected. Also, if you have reseated the cmos battery, the defaults are enabled and onboard video out owuld be the default.