Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe can it really do over 16g of memory???

amerifax

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Careful before you get excited with memory problems with the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe. I have been working on the issue for 3 days. Probably 6 plus hours with Asus Tech. It was suggested, at times to be a CPU (Bent Pins), Motherboard, Windows 8 Pro OEM installation disk, bad hard drives oh yes and let’s not forget bad memory. All the above worked fine and was not the issue. I should mention I had started with the wrong memory which I have since replaced.

When using the absolute right memory sticks this is the problem:
-With 2 sticks installed I can enter Windows 8 Pro with no problem.
-When 4 sticks are in place, 32g, I can not get into Windows.

No one at Asus has been able to come up with a cure. I'm not shaking my fist at Asus, yet. They have been trying hard to help with my problem, no one can figure. As a matter of fact not many companies have ever spent as much time with me, on a single issue, as they have.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO INSTALL 32g OF MEMORY on A Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe? I do love the board at 16g but I bought it for the 32g. Who can help me get the other 16??
Bob

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Refer to the QVL memory list for the best solutoin to this problem Although it might not be complete, it would give you some indicatiuon as to what ram would be required to reach the 32gb.

32gb is rather high, you would need a PSU in excess of 850 watts.

According to most PCgamers, you wouldn't get better frame rates, possibly a slower PC because of the drag of the ram on the CPU.

32gb of ram is best suited to i7 CPU and programs that are heavy usage like programming, Video editing, Autocad and other apps that require intensive usage.

amerifax

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
>>32gb of ram is best suited to i7 CPU and programs that are heavy usage like programming, Video editing, Autocad and other apps that require intensive usage.<<
Yes this is my demand on the system.

I did get some bad advice in 2013 and ended up to 4 sticks of very large memory, setting on the shelf.
Thanks for help.
Bob