Will pc be slowly damaged?

drstrangeluv

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I just built my own pc a week ago, its a mini itx in a master cooler elite 120 case. I have an i5 3570k with stock cooler and a HD 7850 Gigabyte gpu.

At the current moment, my system sees idle temps in the mid 30's, when I open firefox it stays in the low 40's. when playing games for hours it ranges from high 50's-to high 60's. In Prime95, a 30 min blend test gives me temps in the high 80's, almost hitting 90.

My plan for the PC is that I would leave it on all the time, and use it for bouts of heavy gaming and browsing. I am not going to overclock. That being said, are these temps okay for what I want to do and is my computer going to suffer because my temps are too high? I just feel like I spent so much money building it, Id hate to see its potential or lifespan limited. Also, Id rather not opt for an aftermarket cooler unless it would deffinatley increase the lifespan of the pc.

Thanks.

Quadacon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013

Ok, first get a better cpu cooler, also if you want to leave your PC on all the time then you will need a HDD like a WD RED, they are designed for 24/7 access, and are you talking temps in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Those temps are fine. 80+ C isn't great but it's what the stock cooler can do, no surprise there. It's not a realistic load on a normal PC so you should be fine.