3d monitor ?

I know that there are 3d nvidia specific monitor, and there are 3d ati specific monitor. But is there just an ordinary 3d monitor, and if there are, can I use it for AMD HD3D ? I will be using it primarily for gaming, and I have AMD HD 7970. And, if an ordinary 3d monitor works, what about the glasses ? I know that nvidia 3d vision kit have glasses included, but what about AMD HD3D ?
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor
  1. Going to be honest and say forget 3D on an AMD system, its support is awful. The Tridef software is ok but it has a galactic performance hit in comparison to the 50%ish hit from the Nvidia stereo driver, the AMD HD3D driver barely runs any games properly.

Not an AMD hater in the slightest, but as a user of Nvidia 3D Vision and knowing the headaches and problems that come with it on the side with the best support (and little at that) I wouldn't dream of using AMD. Another point is that with Nvidia if theres a game that doesn't work you can turn to the community run site Helix mods to formulate a fix, this isn't supported on AMD, practically half the games I play would be useless in 3D without Helix, its an absolute godsend.

If you are determined to play 3D sell off the 7970 and get a 670 or 680, worse cards but your only real choice. Considering the price of a 3D monitor it is no where near worth it for the handful of games worth playing on an AMD setup.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors 3D AMD Nvidia Graphics