How should I set up the fans for my Corsair Vengeance C70

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hello,

First off, here is my case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139014

I have COOLER MASTER Seidon 120M. I am looking for some advice on how to set up the fans. I was thinking that I could put the radiator and the fan up top blowing cool are into the case. I was actually thinking that I could also put another fan next to it, since there is room for one, and have it blowing in air, too. The two 120mm fans in the front of the case blowing in and through the case and one 120mm in the rear for exhaust. I have room for 2 x 120mm on the side panel, too, but I don't know what to do about that, if they are needed or if they need to be blowing in or out.

I was also thinking that I could have the radiator and the fan blowing into the case from the rear and having the top 2 x 120mm blowing air out of the case, acting as the exhaust. But, then I do not know what to do with the 2 x 120mm in the front or the 2 x 120mm on the side panel.

Oh, and is it true that I can use pantyhouse as dust filters?

I really have no idea, so any and all advice, suggestions and/or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for reading through this and for your help.

Testudo

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thank you for the response. Do you have a suggestion on how I should set the fans up?

it is better to put the radiator at the back and blows air out the case. for liquid cooler, the basic optimization is to put radator at the same height with water pump (on cpu) so that the pump doesnt work harder. unless you have long radiator (corsair h100) that has to be placed on top
seidon120M-600px_02.jpg

put the two case fans on the front and suck air in :)

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks! What about the top fans?

how many case fan do you have?
try balance air in and out :) and let a bit more air in
it depends on your graphic card and psu, some graphic cards blow air out, some radiates heat inside the case (which need 1 fan in sidepanel to blow air out)
take a picture inside your PC :) so we can help better

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

Thanks again!
I am actually building it. I have 5 fans and the cooler I mentioned earlier. It is a Corsair Vengeance C70 I have a Gigabyte 7970 OC, i7 377k and a Corsair 650w modular.

testudo_aubreii

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Oh, and I also have spots at the bottom of the case to put 120mm or 140mm fans, as well. I just need to know what is a good configuration. Do I want negative or positive pressure? Stuff like that.