please help me deciding(2 optional upgrades)

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I have a intel core 2 duo e7400(2.8ghz 3mb cache)
I already have a vga msi cyclone gts 450
Ram 4gb ddr 2
Question:
Since i heard gts 450 dual will be great.i want to buy another one,but my mobo is just too old for sli
-what is the cheapest mobo that support sli and lga 775?(if it still exist,i prefer mobo that support ddr 2)
-or should i just upgrade vga and proccesor(still lga 775 socket)?
Very budget limited. Which one is cheaper?(total $150)

honestly, i dont recommend both options :)

SLI will bring more problem : heat, very high power consumption, stuttering, and maybe the performance will disappoint you

enjoy your current PC, or save for future build (which will be a giant leap from old 775)

Garner6425

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
For that limited a budget, plus your current hardware, neither is a good option. You would need more $$$ to make it a noticeable upgrade, but at that point you are better off saving a little more money and upgrading your whole system. Also, unless you are gaming across multiple monitors or are already using a high end graphics card, SLI/Crossfire is not the best option. You will almost always be better off spending that money on getting a higher end single card.

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
thnx for the response.i don't want to upgrade above that budget because if even i have the money in the future,i don't want to.upgrading my pc(basically i will be like building a whole new rig,because my current pc is just too old to support new hardware,and it will take a lot of money,and also i have a broken monitor(green line on monitor,and it's only support 1360x768 resolution,so i will buy a new monitor that cost more,and this just a pc that i only use for gaming nothing more.this pc is just like a "runaway pc".this pc is not in not located where i'm living.(different town,different house).on early 2013 ,i already planned to buy a gaming laptop(but i cancel it for a while,since my old pc 3dmark score a bit lower than the laptop i want to buy,then buying a 2012 gaming laptop will be a waste,then i think i should just wait a new 2013 gaming laptop or buy an haswell/richland ultrabook with ps4/xbox 720.
Waiting for things to launched this year,is killing me, i've heard rumour ps4 will be launched november 2013!.
and haswell/richland laptop still no release date for laptop that contain these chip.
so i just want to choose between one these 2 optional upgrades,that will play games in 1360x768 res with max settings,till new Things start to showing up this year,then i will buy new things.

arvinzd

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
So can you recommend mobo with LGA 775 that support SLI?
or recommend a processor LGA 775 with a single VGA,that can max settings games in 1360x768 Resoultion?