This copy of windows is not genuine.

TheNewPCGuy

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I finally got my disc drive, popped in windows and this error came up. It wouldn't let me past it but then it loaded the desktop itself.
I bought this OEM from amazon (sold my amazon themselves, not a shady seller) and out of hundreds of reviews no one has mentioned this problem.
I restarted it and it's going over the entire installation process again! Someone said on a forum that when I connect online and download windows 7 updates it will resolve the problem as this was a problem a few years back about windows thinking it was not genuine when it actually was, what can I do?

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
Call microsoft and explain the situation. Another problem is that some people are pirating windows 7 and using a key generator. That generator gives you a key. Once used especially with oem it is tied to that motherboard. Meaning if some one else used your key via this hack you will need microsoft to sort it out. It does not take a real long time to resolve this via the phone and they can usually give you a new correct key to fix it. It is their pirating detecting software causing it so i do not see any way around it without dealing with them. It should give you a number to call when this issue pops up i'd call it and get a live rep and get help sorting it out.