Battlefield 3 motion blur, Any suggestions will help

i b new at this

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
hi, I've been trying to play battlefield 3 last few days, the thing is, I don't thing my equipment is up to the task, frame rate has been around 25/30 and it takes a toll on my eyes. I went into options, motion blur was at 50%. I turned it off and set the rest of the settings to low, that did improve things somewhat, but didn't fit it.

I would like to provide the system I have, and would ask for suggestions on whether I should upgrade, and to what, or invest in a new system.
Thanks, new at this.

The computer is five years old.
monitor hp L2445m
computer
extreme 909 slc. ibuypower
2.8GHz 8mb cache
intel i7 860
windows 7 64 bit
4GB memory
GA-P55M.UD2 Motherboard
ep-700xp power supply
Vapor-x, radeon hd 5770 overclocked

i b new at this

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Thanks, clutchc
Knowing very little about the various component restrictions of my system would I be able to run this card "HIS H785F2G2M Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card" properly or should I look for something else?
Thanks for your input. new at this.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That would be an excellent choice. It would work fine in your system.

For best results (but not totally necessary), uninstall the old driver (CCC) first, remove the card, install the new one, boot up. Windows may find a driver on its own for your card. If so, let it do that. Then after the final re-boot, install the latest driver for the new card. The driver on the disk will be fine, but for the very latest go to http://sites.amd.com/US/GAME/DOWNLOADS/Pages/downloads.aspx