Can the Power Supply handle it?

M1Punk

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hey guys,

I just want to point out that I'm quite new to PC gaming/hardware and I really need some advice here.

I was planning on buying a decent Gaming PC (for games like Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, LoL etc.) I really don't care about being able to play it on Ultra Settings. Here are the specs:

AMD Athlon X4 750K 3,4GHz Quad Core
MSI FM2-A55M-E33
16GB DDR3
AMD Radeon™ HD 7750 4GB
Supports Microsoft® DirectX® 11
https://www.compusale.nl/index.php?module=producten&action=show&id=782&cpath=25_239&cat=239

After sending them an e-mail about what power supply comes with it, the guy said it was a HKC or Recom 450watt. I knew beforehand that those brands are awful and can possibly... damage your entire computer?

My question is, should I invest in this baby or buy an additional power supply (Master Cooler 600watt for example)? Or should the standard cooler be able to handle it. Please keep it as simple as possible when answering :p I'm not a tech genius.

zolton33

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
I would always go with a trusted psu manufacturer as a psu is the soul of a system. What good is your gpu if your psu can not allow the power to do its job? I would build my own or shop else where. I'm sure you could build yourself a better pc then that. But if getting this replacing the psu would be a top priority. And it is a FM2 board meaning that its mainly for apu's which while not bad cpu's for gaming your better off with a cpu more like the 6300 or 8350 from amd over this. bReally your choice but i would suggest looking at other pc's or building your own.