I believe my Geforce gtx650

vinnie paul

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
I had a Hp Pavillion 1tb 8gb ram pc. But wanted to upgrade, So I bought an apevia x dreamer 4 case, 1080 watt power supply ,and a Pny Geforce gtx 650. I transferred and pieced all of it together in the new case. The graphics card I chose has 2 dvi ports. But neither of my monitors use DVI. So I used the DVI to VGA adapter that came with the graphics card. IT boots up and all but all of my icons and anything on screen is blown up really big. The DVD with the card does no allow me to download the drivers for the card. It says I do not have the proper Graphics adapter to do so. And when I tried to start up the computer to look for someway to fix it I lost connection to my monitor and have to restart the computer to get connection back. How would this be fixed?

vinnie paul

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
So it worked and everything was fine. But every so often while using the computer it would disconnect monitor from the computer. I would just press the power button and restart the computer to get the monitor to come on. But my brother decided to test it and when the monitor disconnected he flipped the power supply switch. Then the power button stopped working so after fixing the power button everytime I start up my computer the boot up screen says it failed to start windows. so I started up the windows repair and it returns back to the boot screen. And If I start windows normally it loads up windows but never gets to the login screen it just disconnects from the monitor once again. Im planning on going to buy and HDMI cable which is compatiblewith both my monitor and Graphics card. But how would I fix the other problems?

swilczak

Distinguished
I would uninstall the video card and use the onboard port and see if it still acts up. If that doesn't work maybe try removing a RAM module, if it does the same thing then put it back in then remove the other RAM module. If neither of these things work, press F8 when the computer first starts and try to run system restore or boot into safe mode. If the computer runs fine in safe mode then you probably have some sort of driver/software issue. It is possible that you may have damaged some of the hardware with static electricity when you switched all of the parts over.