Sudden memory malfunction

wewin

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
I don't know how to easily explain this so I'll just tell you exactly what happened.

Kingston 2gb 800x1, 1gb 800x1

I'm having a strange problem with my pc. This morning before I shut it off and left for work, the computer is working without fail. But now when I first boot up it got stuck on the win7 splash screen without the windows logo yet.

I tried to reboot but even worse as before, it didn't even give me a beep and the screen was out.
I disconnected the drives and booted again, still no beep.
Disconnected one mem module (1gb) and it gave me a beep, plus a red warning text saying that the previous overclocking has failed, I'm not even OC'ing my system.

So I just loaded defaults and shut it off so I can install the other (1gb) stick back.
When I booted again, the same "no beep" happened again. So I removed the first (2gb) stick I placed and booted up, it boots to bios fine.

I tried using each stick on both slots and they run well, unless I use them both at the same time. So I'm currently running on one stick (2gb)

If both modules are functioning well independently, then I guess there's no problem with them. Am I right? And that the problem is on the board. Correct?

I hope I'm wrong because a board costs more than ram. :(

And if there are other possibilities of this problem like an error or anything that you know about to help me fix this, please share it with me?

Thanks in advance..

wewin

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Please disregard this thread. I already fixed the problem. Thorough cleaning on the contacts did the job.