Radeon 8730M is not recognized

sowit

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hello, i've recently bought a new Dell notebook with ATI Radeon 8730M graphics card. But my computer is using standart vga instead.

Firstly in Device manager under my graphic card says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
Screenshot

Secondly in dxdiag it shows that im using Standart VGA Graphics Adapter.
ScreenShot

Moreover Windows index tool can't detect my card.
ScreenShot

I've installed newest drivers from Dell support site, tried a lot of things but it's the same. Any suggestions what to do? :[

sowit

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

Thanks for reply. But thats the thing I cant find any on amd's website for this card. Are there any specific amd/radeon drivers for this series released yet?

sowit

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013

When I launch the program it says "We were unable to find your product or OS"

Superkoopatrooper

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Back around .......2006 I recall reading something that kinda made me mad. Companies who make laptops with a dedicated gpu sometimes don't use the official drivers from AMD/Nvidia, but instead take it upon themselves to force the consumer to use the companies drivers. They generally only update them once or twice and then ur left with an outdated driver. Try going to the dell website and see if they have the available drivers.

ok so this leads me to believe that your gpu is not even hardware detected.
do 1 thing play around with your BIOS and see if your gpu is detected there and them set it as the default display adapter.
also do take into account that you might also have to re install your os afresh if nothing else works out.
I mean that would be the last option ofcourse