Tags:
  • Intel i7
  • Cooling
  • Fan
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
March 14, 2013 12:09:51 PM

I have a i7 2600k and i have a hyper 212+ on it with 1 fan currently and am looking to purchase 2 new fans for it. I want to move as much air as possible without to much noise. The one that came with it is only 21.2 - 76.8 CFM. I'm looking to get something that moves a little more air. It would have to be a 120mm fan. Also I have asus z68 deluxe board. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
As you can see i only have 1 cpu fan hook up. So im not sure how to hook up 2 cpu fans. So if you guys could help me with this problem that would be great!

More about : cpu cooling

a c 424 à CPUs
March 14, 2013 2:49:38 PM

You can connect any +12V fan directly to any Molex connector from the PSU. If the fan only has a 3 pin header connector, you will need an adapter, but most fans come with an adapter for that. Of course connecting it directly to the PSU will mean the fan runs at 100% all the time.

There are also available, fan controllers that connect to said Molex but allow you to plug your fan(s) into connectors on it. That way you can control the speed.
Related resources
March 14, 2013 3:25:20 PM

clutchc said:
You can connect any +12V fan directly to any Molex connector from the PSU. If the fan only has a 3 pin header connector, you will need an adapter, but most fans come with an adapter for that. Of course connecting it directly to the PSU will mean the fan runs at 100% all the time.

There are also available, fan controllers that connect to said Molex but allow you to plug your fan(s) into connectors on it. That way you can control the speed.

I see you have the same cooler as me. Any fans you would recommend? Also how do i get the 2nd cpu fan to run at the same rpms as the 1st cpu fan? The 1st one is hooked up to the cpu connector on the MB and i was thinking of connection the 2nd one to the system fan connector on the MB. Would that work.
a c 424 à CPUs
May 5, 2013 7:18:43 PM

It would work, but the CPU fan would have its speed controlled by the temp of the CPU. The SYS FAN would have its speed controlled by the board's sensor. It would probably run at the same speed as a chassis fan.
!