Help With My Pc Build

dawsy

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
So i need help with my Pc build as my one At the moment is about to blow, It will be my first time doing a build so i will not be over clocking.

My Budget is around 700 pounds

I have a monitor and accessories and i don't need an Operating system.

I'm looking for a Pc that can Play games at a decent level and will be able to render videos i would like a case with some room as its my first time i dont think i will be good with a small space to worth with + i like the idea of a big case encase of future upgrades.

The only other thing i would like is a good wireless card for when i cannot connect by a wire.

I would like all my parts to be from amazon.co.uk and ebuyer as its convenient for me XD

Any help is much appreciated.

My suggestion :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (£143.40 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI H77MA-G43 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£58.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£50.34 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£69.96 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card (£220.99 @ Dabs)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN723N 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter (£6.95 @ CCL Computers)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case (£46.99 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£48.17 @ Aria PC)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.22 @ Dabs)
Total: £690.01
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Get the wifi adapter in amazon uk

Not worth it, it has a really low end gfx card : NVIDIA® GeForce GT 640 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card
It's not good for gaming, specially with the recent demanding games, the 660 ti is much, but much way better than the 640 gt, you don't need the i7, the i5 will do, for gaming, you need is a better card, also you get a quality psu, a quality case, a ssd plus hdd.

dawsy

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
To save money first of i wouldnt have to buy the SSD straight away thats always somthing i could add later on ?

Well the ssd is for the os, either get it now or just ditch it, to take proper advantage of it, i recommend installing the os in it and make it the main drive, that means, if you want to add later the ssd, you have to re-install the os, if you're fine with it, then you can later add one.

Too much expensive for your budget, the Corsair 200R is a quality and solid case, it will last, it has good cable management and good airflow, you can find several reviews of it, praising it.

I'm not saying it's a bad case, but it's expensive, if you're in a tight budget, and since you already asked to ditch the ssd, i wouldn't recommend getting a 100£ case, when the Corsair 200R for half of it, will do the job, and it's also a quality case, for gaming you'll want to spend most of it in the gpu, also in the cpu and with a quality psu like the xfx.