HELP leftover cables from build?

Gregmillr

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys this is my first build so I'm more than likely doing something wrong/forgetting a cable.

I have:
2 of - a cable with a black end, ending up with two white-clear ends
ASUS SLI bridge? Don't know how to install it
Crossfire MSI bridge? Same as the asus one...
Black cable with USB on it - package says USB3.0 to USB2.0
Black cable that says MSI on packaging, cable is black, one big end and small end
About 4 leftover cables running from the psu.

Please help me with where these things are supposed to go!!

Thank you!

Gregmillr

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I don't think I need to, turns out my computer starts, plugged in a monitor and it was working fine. The only problem was the heatsink fan was not spinning, also I can't find any slots to plug in my case fans, the case fan is 3slot or pins or whatever it's called, but the case only has 4slot for chassis fans (what I'm guessing I plug into)

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Don't worry about the SLI/CrossFire bridges, those are only for if you have more than one video card.

You shouldn't expect that EVERYTHING is going to be plugged in from the power supply. They are designed to be expandable, so that no matter if someone has 1 hard drive, or 4 they have enough connectors to power it all.

You should worry about the heat sink fan not spinning though, that can cause serious damage to your CPU very quickly (I assume it's your CPU fan). What are your system specs? If it's the stock Intel fan I know the wires tend to rub against the fan blades if you aren't careful and stop it from spinning.

It would really help if you gave us an idea of your system specs, esp. as far as case, motherboard and CPU are concerned.

M