Looking for new CPU for PC

Ashleyneedshelp

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hi,
I'm looking to upgrade my PC, primarily i use it for gaming and somewhat recently upgraded my graphics card and want to upgrade my CPU, since i can't run some of the games i want to play/ At the moment on a budget of around $120-$130 or anything below it. ill put my computer product number below:
QW730AA#ABA

Ashleyneedshelp

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

I have around 125$ budget

logainofhades

Titan
Your system is above the minimum requirements for the games you mentioned, CPU and GPU wise. Did you install the latest drivers from AMD for your card? I never use the ones that come with a card unless I absolutely have to. The bundled drivers are generally out of date.

AshL

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

I know my GPU is up to date but not sure about cpu

go for the best i3 u can get in ur price range, has HT and should have a higher ghz than the pentium. Make sure its a sandy bridge i3 being it has the sb 2nd gen core i labeling of i3 2xxx

A 6670 is not the best gpu out there, but it cant still do most games on low settings. But it matters on the game but a SB pentium shouldnt be too bad as long as the game doesnt require more than a dual core

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115092 $130 SB i3 2130 3.4ghz

Getting that should help from the higher clock speed from the 2.7 ghz pentium

Edit: he means up to date as in the drivers and the cpu doesnt get drivers updates and that pentium is more than enough for web based games but if its anything thats hurting you is the slower clock speed, also if the graphic drivers are outdated, as mentioned the cd/dvd disc that comes with the gpu does not have the latest version of in ur case catalyst control center

AshL

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I went with the i3-3220 after more research and what was said here and it arrived today, and my gpu has been able to run any game i've thrown at it so far on at least medium besides some listed above but overall im happy with it.