Best £100 card for Q6600 Core 2 Quad

Martin Khan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hi Everyone

I recently inherited a Desktop PC with a Core2quad (Q6600) and 8GB Ram, its an Asus p5b plus motherboard but the graphics card is very basic.. soo..

do you know if a HD 7850 will play nice with this processor/s I was either going to get one of those or a GTX 650TI as I read Nvidia are better for intel chipsets, but I want the best I can get for my budget of £100

Thank You for all your inputs

Martin

You can get either amd card or nvidia, the intel cpu won't benefit or prejudice one from another, i guess a 650 ti will do good, but if you can find a 7850 with the two games free, it's a good option to go with, your cpu is decent and won't bottleneck either of those.
Just make sure that you have a decent psu within 450W.

Martin Khan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hi Djangoringo

Thanks, and that's an Amazing Answer, and totally was I hoping to hear, as for some reason the HD 7850 are quite a bit cheaper at times, I did keep an eye out for a 660 but at the moment theyre right over my budget.

Thanks for the reply, I have a 450W PSU but im going to get a decent branded maybe a 650, 700W

M

Martin Khan

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Hi

I'm not sure the exact model.. there's no real information on it, and I think its german or something

Thanks for the link, I will check them out now.. I was orginally saving for a fast pc, but got this sytem of a family member and someone said its already a half decent system etc, so just gonna upgrade wherever I can on this one for now, for as little as poss sort of thing instead.. but never really been a PC gamer, I figure I would be much more into it, if I had a card that was capable..:)