Can't tell if my drivers have been installed on my mobo

porkchop_59

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
So I have a ASRock B75m-ITX mobo. I just got Windows 7 on it and I'm trying to get the drivers installed. I put the disc in and hit "install all drivers and utilities" it restarted which I expected it to, but then a screen came up that says something along the lines of " generate ata Serial drive[Y/N]". If I take the disc out it works fine and runs windows perfectly. If I try to run the drivers again a menu pops up that says Intel and I don't have time to look at it because the computer shuts down. Is there anyway I can tell if the drivers have been installed?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Windows will install default drivers for anything it needs to get up and running, including some of the drivers on your disk. Having said that...

You only "need" to install the LAN driver, INF driver, Intel Management Engine driver, Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (if using a SSD), Intel USB 3.0 driver, and maybe the Realtek high definition audio driver (if you want the audio control panel). Leave the rest of the 'junk' off your system... at least for now. Never do an 'all driver/utilities' install.

And if you go to the board's web page, you can download the latest versions of those drivers. The ones that come with the disk are usually outdated... but they'll work.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75M-ITX/?cat=Download

Likewise, if you have a discrete gfx card, go to the Nvidia or AMD website for the latest driver for it.

I agree. Windows installs most things by itself with a new board but I did need to install the LAN, sound and internal graphics drivers manually.

Shutting down when you put the driver cd in is NOT normal though.