Last response: in Motherboards
March 15, 2013 1:51:39 AM

Here is my build:
MSI B75IA-E33
Intel i3-3220
Corsair Vengeance White 2x4GB running at 1600 MHz and 1.35V
Seasonic SSR-360GP
WD Scorpio 2.5" 250GB SATA 1

I'm trying to configure my BIOS settings and there are some parameters that I'm not sure what they're for:
1. ACPI Standby State. Possible values: S1 or S3* (marked by star is the currently chosen option)

2. HPET Configuration. Enabled* or Disabled

3. Initiate Graphic Adapter. PEG* or IGD

4. Integrated Graphics Share Memory. 32M, 64M*, 128M, 256M

5. DVMT Memory. 128MB, 256MB*, Max

6. CPU Smart Fan Target. Enabled or Disabled*

7. Intel Smart Connect Configuration. Enabled or Disabled*

8. EuP 2013. Enabled* or Disabled

9. C1E Support. Enabled or Disabled*

10. Intel C-State. Enabled* or Disabled

11. Package C State Limit. Auto*, C2, C6, No Limit

Right now I'm only considering increasing the Integrated Graphics Share Memory to 256M. But I don't understand what the others are about.
a c 404 V Motherboard
March 15, 2013 8:15:39 PM

If the asterisk'd options are the default, I would leave them. It's really hard to determine the best for your system without knowing what your system consists of, the components, the attached peripherals, etc. The only one I would change for sure, is the C1E. It will allow your processor to switch to low energy when idle.

To answer your graphics question, the more memory you devote to your integrated graphics, the less you have for system memory. Not a big deal with the large amounts of memory available on systems today, though.

PEG stands for PCIe Express Graphics. The BIOS will first search for a discrete card in the PCIe slot before moving to PCI, and integrated. To understand the rest, google them. A long discussion here would be too time consuming, I'm afraid.
March 15, 2013 8:33:57 PM

clutchc said:
It's really hard to determine the best for your system without knowing what your system consists of, the components, the attached peripherals, etc.

But I have mentioned my components above. I only forgot to mention the OS. It's Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

clutchc said:

To understand the rest, google them. A long discussion here would be too time consuming, I'm afraid.

Of course I tried that first. But I can't really understand since some explanations are different from another.

Anyway, the main reason I'm asking this is because when shutting down, my system always stuck at the shutting down screen. The CPU fan and the PSU just keep running until I do a hard reset.
This happens too when I run a live Linux Mint. So I'm guessing it's a motherboard issue.
!