Need PSU and GFX advice.

Dread1989

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hello Everyone

I have £200 to sink into a new PSU and GFX card and I figured you guys were the people to ask. At the moment I have an HP Desktop (2022UK) with a standard 300w PSU (with no 6 pin connector) and a GT440 I installed but I cant upgrade anything more until I get a better power supply. could you please help me to find the best possible combination of power and graphics (with HDMI) for my budget thank you.
P.S it has an i3 and 4gb RAM sat in a modestly sized case.

Thanks a ton

Daniel

marshallbradley

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Dread1989

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Thanks Marshall although I must admit after about an hour of posting I cracked and went out and bought cheap and cheerful case and OCZ 500watt PSU. successfully transplanted everything over with out much hassle. now I've got the boring stuff out of the way I can revel in some window shopping. I was looking at a GTX 660 XLR8 do you think there's much difference between it and the HD7878? the price's are more or less the same.

Dread1989

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Right I went away and did some research on the HD7870 and quite a lot of people are saying it can have some awful driver problems much like the rest of AMD's cards. And some people received faulty cards in general. I don't want to be a fan boy but I have always been a Nvidia user and my gut is telling me to save up a little longer so I don't risk any avoidable hassle. Bad enough different sites give different dimensions for cards so I have no clue if they are going to fit or not, 40cm seems like a bit much. guess I should buy yet another case.