Can't install windows xp. Missing EULA

ray14

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
I'm trying to install windows xp on my laptop that currently runs linux mint on one of the partitions. I have formated the parition that i intend to install windows xp on to NTFS using gparted.

The problem is everytime I run the setup from my usb I get this message: Error Message: Setup Cannot Find the End-User License Agreement Press F3 to restart.

The microsoft support website isn't helping me. I have installed windows xp on a desktop computer that was also running linux mint on a different partition without any problem. So I have no idea. My last attempt would be to erase all partitions on my laptop and try again.

Can anyone help please?

Laptop specs: intel atom cpu, 1gb ram, 160hdd.

ray14

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Are you asking why I am not using a CD instead of a USB? If so, it's because my laptop does not have a cd-rom.

I have a feeling it might be easier to borrow one or buy a cheap USB CD ROM but ti could be worth getting back to that point and pressing Function 8. In an ordinary installation, that would be the key you need to hit to accept the EULA so just in case it's hiding behind an error message, give it a try.

ray14

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I tried F8. I checked the Microsoft website, it suggests the error is due to my HD being formatted with an OS other than windows.

Anyway I've given up on that and sticking with Linux mint. :) problem solved. Thanks again.