Internal or external additional storgage?

Diamond-HP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Hi guy's

Just looking for some opinions here.

I've just finished doing an upgrade on my PC (CPU/ GPU/ PSU) and am now looking at the finishing touches.

I was thinking of getting an extra 3 or 2 TB's as I only have 500GB of storage so I was looking at the Seagate external hard drive as I wanted to keep the 500GB free for games and as my main operations storage and boot up.

A guy from my work who is the I.T guy thinks externals can be unreliable and if you jolt them you can lose all your data and he thought I'd be better off with an additional internal hard drive, I wasn't aware you could have two in one tower and initially thought an external would be good because they may avoid any viruses and is portable (although that's not overly important).

He seemed to think it was safer and quicker interaction to use an internal.

What would you recommend because I was wondering about space, power and temperature in my mini tower?

I thought the idea of an external HD was a clean simple solution which would involve a simple plug in and play but after what he said about quicker memory access and safer risk of losing data he has made me think twice.

What would your opinion be?

popatim

Titan
I recommend both. All hard drives die sooner or later and its usually when you dont have them backed up. So add an internal drive for 'more space' and get yourself an external to make backups on. Backup any data you cant load again like pictures you dont have stored elsewhere, music and movies you no longer have the original disks for; Documents you've written. You get the idea.