GTX 670 without SLI Bridge? Temporarily?

phased3023

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Yesterday I ordered a second EVGA GTX 670 4GB Superclocked w/backplate for the SLI madness. It came today which is one of the reasons I love Newegg.

As I merrily opened the box like it was christmas morning, and went digging through by giant bag of computer stuff for my SLI bridge that came with my motherboard, I was horrified that I seem to have misplaced it. I have ordered one from amazon (newegg didn't have any...?) and since they use the snail mail I won't get it until next wednesday at the earliest maybe even the following monday :O.

I have a friend searching for the one that came with his mobo (same board) to use until mine arrives, but there is a chance he has lost his too.

So my question is: can I use this second card at all if I can't get my hands on a bridge in the meantime? Or do I have an expensive dead rectangle for the next 5-10 days....

phased3023

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah I only built this computer a little over a month ago, setting aside the second card for later as I had already dropped a LOT of dough. I recall as I unpacked everything that I set aside the SLI bridge think "this is important, will need it" and I guess that is how it didn't make it into my big ziploc bag of other random crap like extra screws, brackets, manuals etc.

Also not to hijack my own thread but will my Corsair TX750 be enough to handle a second 670?

Specs:
-i7 3770K ivy bridge
-Corsair H60 All in one liquid cooler
-ASRock Extreme6 mobo
-2x EVGA GTX 670 4GB Superclocked w/backplate
-16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (2x8GB) @1866
-256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
-2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD
-LG SuperMultiBlu dvd/bluray combo
-Corsair Obisidian 650D case
-Corsair Vengeance K90 Mech keyboard
-Logitech G500 gaming mouse