BenQ XL2420t - 120hz doesn't work

AntixCS

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hi,

my monitor ( BenQ XL2420t ) always tells me i'm using the wrong cable, when i switch from 60 to 120 hz. I'm def. using the correct cable, since it says: "dual link". So it's a dual link DVI cable, which should be correct.

GTX 485m >> DVI-I ( DVI-D into DVI-I shouldn't be a problem? ) >> DVI DL Cable >> Monitor.

When i switch to 120hz via the Nvidia CP everything starts looking xtremly bad, if i lower the res. ( but still 120hz ) it starts to look better.

Windows 8 64bit. Sadly i can't even download the latest driver from the BenQ site ... -.-

Any idea how to fix it?

Regards

AntixCS

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Ok, i've actually destroyed my dual link cable, to see if every pin is connected, since i don't have a multimeter and a new one is already ordered.

To my surprise the "TDMS-Takt -" Pin is not connected. Maybe that's whats causing my trouble?

Regards

Until you try it on another PC, or have tried another dual link monitor, you are not sure. It could even be a faulty piece of hardware, but very often, Laptops give you the spec's of the video card, then when they hook up the ports, they use single link ports instead, removing the ability to use dual link.

Unless you test a dual link monitor on that laptop, you cannot be sure what you have.