Unique (?) problem HP Laptop

wexel

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Goodday to you all,

I am having some troubles with my windows 7 laptop lately (HP Probook 4710s).
One problem I have already 'solved' is that my computer gave an error when starting up (90% of the times).

It said: unsupported wireless network device detected system halted

Tried some things with BIOS and it didnt work out.
Took out the WLAN module today and it startsup now with no problems.
Using LAN cable now.

The second problem, which is quite weird, is that my laptopscreen randomly shuts down. I can use my computer for some hours, gaming, browsing etc. but in any situation after some hours the screen shuts down. Eventhough the laptop still makes noise (so it must be on). The only way to shut the laptop down is to hold down the powerbutton for ± 5 sec.

When I have done this the laptop doesnt react on anything. The powerbutton isnt giving any feedback, nor the laptop goes on. After a while like 15-min to a hour the laptop reacts on the powerbutton again and I can start it up.

It can happen on any moment so its quite annoying.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks in regards.

P.S.

I am new to this forum. Sorry if my English isnt good and if this thread is in the wrong topic, sorry for that. Couldnt find a better one.

wexel

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hey Brett,

Thanks for your reply.
It was already on high performance.
I was using my addapter all the time and changed the screen settings to >> off and computer settings to >> sleep both to never.

The weird thing is that it shut down when I am using my laptop intensively and also when i am not using it for a while. Can happen in both situations. So that my computer thinks lets go to a deep sleep for an hour is a weird thing in some situations.

Lets see if it works anyway =)

wexel

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hello again,

Since saturday morning the problem occured again, two times.
Saturday at midnight and just now. Yesterday it took 30min till 45 min before it would startup again.

Had some water spillage on it a month ago (beer). But this problem firstly occured 2 weeks later.

Doen anyone recognizes the problem?

Hi :)

We see a LOT of liquid spillage machines :(

IF they are not dried out PROPERLY (COMPLETELY) then the water/beer/juice can corrode joints or tracks on the motherboard... it usually takes a couple of weeks....

All the best Brett :)

wexel

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hey Brett,

So there is a chance for my laptop after a longer dry period?
Ill keep on waiting for some time then.

I also see it happen that when I shutdown my laptop now and a then (after ± 2hours of work) it wont crash.

thanks for your answers