Graphics Card not displaying anything on Monitor

sbeiter

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I recently decided to build my own custom computer for once. I received everything and installed it into the case with no problems. It started up fine and was running for around a week until it randomly just shut down and would not start back up. I could smell something had burnt up and figured it was the mother board. I RMA'd it and recieved a new one a week later. I put everything back in and it started up fine but would only run off the intergrated graphics and not the video card. I took the card out and out it in a friends system and it wouldnt even start up. I called sapphire and they sent me a new card. Today when I finally got the card, I installed it like before, the fans would spin up and everything would start fine but still no display from the card. Intergrated works fine but it won't display anything on the screen. I have reset CMOS, changed the BIOS settings to start from the PCI slot but still to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Tried pretty much everything I've read online but still cant get it to work properly. If you need any more info or anything please comment! Thanks

System info:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: MD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz
PSU: COOLMAX ZX Series ZX-700 700W
Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100355OCL Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC
RAM: Team Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3

sbeiter

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Yeah, reconnected everything back like it should be. But when i had the initial failure, it would not even start up until I replaced the mobo. I also tried running everything off my friends 1000w PSU and it still would not display anything off the card :na:

sbeiter

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Just a thing to add, I've tried setting it to run off the PCI in the BIOS and it starts up like it normally would but nothing is displayed on the screen, but if i plug in the VGA cord as the computer is running, everything shows up fine. Don't know if this helps but yeah. Also, I've tried running it with two different HDMI cords on 2 different monitors but still nothing.

sbeiter

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
My friend comes in tomorrow and we are going to try to take the computer completely apart and try different things in his current setup. I will for sure know if the card is defective or not tomorrow!

sbeiter

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
yeah, i thought it was weird too, usually if you try that it should not work at all but ill check in my friends computer and see what happens! Thanks for the help! if you have any other ideas feel free to share!