Would replacing the video card be worth it?

G

Hey, just to keep it short i'll get to the point.

Was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade the video card only, or best to save up for a whole new build:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 660 @ 3.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3580MB RAM
Page File: 1818MB used, 5338MB available

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68B8)

The only problem i have with the current computer is with SWTOR, seems to be a bit too old to handle the game when several players are on the screen at the same time.

So yeah, would buying a card like...

Sapphire HD7950 3G GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI / DVI-I / DUAL MINI DP BOOST LITE AMD GDDR5 3G 384bit PCIe

(this would still be in my price range)

Any help/imput would be greatly apritiated!

Edit: and/or adding ram would help?

D

Deleted member 362816

I would personally save up for a new build but you can replace the gpu. You may need a larger power supply in order to run bigger cards. I think that cpu would bottleneck a 7950, I would stick with a 7850 for around $150-$200 you will get great results out of this card.

G

Thank you for the quick awnser,

While searching for a 7850 card i found the following:

Sapphire PCIe 3.0 HD7850 2GB GDDR5 OC

Read some great reviews about it, do you believe with this card i could hold off upgrading the PC for a while more?

Note: Everything runs just fine, the issue i described previously was in Warzones alone, even Operations had great performance considering how old the computer is

D

Deleted member 362816

Yes, I have a 1gb xfx 7850 in a computer at 1080 it plays most games on high settings 60fps