Question about returns/warranty

Zala

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Hi folks, I tried getting some help the other day on this forum but unfortunately to no avail.

I just purchased all the components for my own first pc (or at least my first half decent one) we put it together and it would it just keep restarting after like 5 sec and nothing would show up on the screen. Me and my stepdad tried switching over all the parts to another computer and found that everything worked except for the CPU, and the Motherboard.

I read that intel has a 3 year warranty service for their CPUs, is that true? Does anyone know if Gigabyte offers a manufacturer warranty for their motherboards?

This situation is really scaring me, i was so excited to get my computer started up and finally play some demanding games, but my heart dropped when it started failing. My stepdad said that the store (tigerdirect) would make it really hard to return the stuff too.

Anyone have any insight on this? I just want what I paid for :(

Try assembling you computer on a dry wooden breadboard

Plug everything in and see if it will start when you touch the pins that normally connect to the case power switch with the tip of a screwdriver momentarily

Most online retailers have an RMA policy . Look on the website you bought the stuff from for full details