New build for gaming and poker

czglory

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
Upgrading to a new build and I am not really sure what I should prioritize on;
I will be playing poker and running poker tracker 4 with a real time HUD; the programs capture all data across up to 40 tables at once, save the hand-histories, store it in a PSQL database, and poker tracker displays the info in real time via the HUD.

RAM/processor seems most important in this process?

As far as gaming goes, I want to be able to play SC2 on high settings and battlefield 3, and be able to play any game I would like to within the next couple of years (low settings is fine).

computer parts where I am are significantly more expensive than in the states.

After doing some research, here is what I have so far:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JYR0

( I don't actually need an operating system, its just in there to help make the prices look closer to what they are here)

intel core i7 3770k

Noctua NH-d14 CPU cooler

Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155

Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB

Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM

Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB SSD

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB

Antec DF-85 ATX Full Tower Case

Corsair Professional 850W 80 plus silver ATX12v/eps12v

Asus Blu-Ray reader, DVD/CD writer

@$2069 slightly over budget. I have the 850W power supply because I would like to be able to add in another GTX660 TI if I need more juice to run some games in the near future and a calculator gave me 850 watt minimum recommendations. Plan on doing some minor overclocking, and temperatures here are very hot.

Thanks for any input :)

czglory

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2013
no input? I am thinking of changing the graphics card to a sapphire 7950 now, and had a concern about the power supply.

I want to add in a second GPU at some point, 850W seems like it might be the minimum I need with a second card, but also the electricity here is UNGROUNDED, and unstable. Are there any specific power supplies that can "help" with that? thanks.